September 11 – 12, 2019
Transmission, Distribution, and Customer System Intersections
The National Council on Electricity Policy
Annual Meeting and Workshop 2019
An overview of the agenda is now available.
Register here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NCEP2019
This event is free and open to the public. NCEP Members are eligible for travel reimbursement.
Last year, at the 2018 Annual Meeting and Workshop in Denver, CO, NCEP gathered state decision makers and stakeholders to discuss the state of interfaces between distribution and transmission systems in light of increasing distributed energy resources. In Fall 2018, NCEP released a compendium of resources, which lists resources, case studies, and remaining questions for research around T & D system planning, operations, and markets.
In 2019, NCEP will further explore this topic by focusing on transmission, distribution, and customer interfaces, taking a closer look at operational needs and their influence on planning and markets. NCEP members and colleagues will…
- Learn about and share experiences with coordinating planning, operations, and markets of transmission, distribution, and customer electricity systems;
- Examine ideas around the operational needs of a coordinated system and how states play a role in developing a future-proofed system;
- Document an ongoing conversation about the evolving intersections and coordination needs of the system for state policy makers;
- Connect states with resources and tools to provide safe, reliable, and affordable power; and
- Hear insights and lessons learned from state regulators, energy directors, utility managers, technologists, legislators, and consumer advocates.